Sunday, April 19, 2009
Here's life, in point form.
- Fatigue is starting to affect day-to-day functioning. Early nights are common. Gym visits are shorter.
- Chemo #10 was actually pretty easy on me. No hurling. No major misery the days after.
- I'm turning into a fucking recluse.
- The new place is coming along slowly. There's a ton of work to do still, but we're grossly limited by time... and energy...
- Apologies to those I've ignored -- in "real life", or just here in the old blogosphere
- I want to learn to program for the iPhone
- I'm so sick of "the cancer".
I'm sick of "the cancer", and here are three reasons, in chronological order.
- I hate the treatment.
- I no longer identify with the illness, or with being ill.
- I found out that my paternal grandfather is suspected of having stomach cancer.
Found that last bit out on the same day (today), as the day I learned that my maternal grandmother has been recently diagnosed with Parkinson's.
You know what, life? Fuck you. Fuck you hard.
-- a million years ago, there was a skit on Conan O'Brien, where they replaced the words "excuse me" with yelling "AH-BAH!".
I want to shove into people, yelling "AH-BAH!"