Monday, April 20, 2009

Apr. 20


Apr. 20
Originally uploaded by Cancer Boy
I had a strange revelation today...

If I were any other species, I would be dead by now. I mean, there's no chemotherapy for slugs. If a slug got cancer, it'd be one dead slug. Hell, even as a human being, I'm alive only because I happen to be in a part of the world, and in the right conditions, that I can receive treatment. Usually, when it comes to health and illness, you either get better, or you don't. I "should not" have gotten better. I would not, had it not been for outside intervention. I guess the same applies for inoculation from childhood illnesses and the like, but I can't help but feel as though in a way I've cheated death.. Like I was supposed to be part of the "early death rate" -- some statistic of sorts... I feel like I'm in a shitty film, expecting death to hunt me down now.

Or maybe I'm just crazy. Either's possible.

I'm also kind of frustrated with the all too slow progress I'm seeing from going to the gym. Then again, my diet is pretty lousy. Oh well. I'll be all healthy when I can safely say I've made cancer my bitch.

Good night, sleep tight. Hiss hiss, I'm in your muffler.

5 comments:

S. F. Heron said...

I was thinking this very thing last night. If I hadn't felt an unrelated lump in my breast last summer, I'd be approaching dead now. It's odd that it didn't make me cry like this same thought did a few months ago. Or who knows? It might make me cry now that I wrote it on your blog.

You got a laugh outta me with the "making cancer your bitch" comment :)

Cheers sweetie!

Holly said...

cancer IS my bitch...

S. F. Heron said...

LOL Holly!!!

It certainly is :)

Anonymous said...

"Bite me, cancer bitch."

Oh Armand - you are just crazy and not in a shitty movie. Cancer makes us all think too much.

xoxo

Armand said...

Sharon: I'm told it takes some 10-12 years to get over the curveball that is cancer. We've got a way to go still...

Holly: Hehe, good to hear! :)

Kathy: People told me on a pretty regular basis that I think too much, before I got sick. Just imagine what it's like nowadays.