Thursday, November 20, 2008

Nov. 20


Nov. 20
Originally uploaded by Cancer Boy
Well, cancer sucks.

I'm exhausted today. I slept ten and a half hours last night, but by the time I finished breakfast, I was ready to go back to bed. I was already in bed and intent of falling asleep at 6pm, but the fact that I had really eaten only a bowl of cereal today factored into my decision to stick around, have food, and write this.

You know those days when everything that can get caught on something does, and then drags other stuff down with it? That's what life's been like lately. I don't know if my general lack of grace lately is doing it, or I'm just noticing it more, but I'm getting stuck on everything and making a big mess. I now realize this paragraph almost sounds like an euphemism for something. No, I mean it literally. I was in Bulk Barn today, and my scarf somehow got caught on a shopping cart and kind of clotheslined me. Let me tell you, when you have enlarged, painful lymph nodes in your neck, that sort of stuff is just no fun.

Although I know I will get through this once I start treatment, I'm afraid I'll go into a coma before I get there. I have five more days to go until I see my oncologist, and I can only hope they stick me with some treatment soon. I wonder how long until I get some energy back.

I've been planning to do this for a few days, but I keep forgetting. I'll be ordering a couple of "For Dummies" books in a bit. One's on Chemotherapy, the other is on managing Chemotherapy side-effects.

Well, looking at my own picture makes me want to weep for myself. And as per yesterday's post, my beard is still too long. I'll see if I can rectify that in the morning.

1 comment:

Wenchy said...

Well, cancer sucks.


What more can one say? I'm sorry seems like such a fuckwit excuse of a comment... but I am... sorry you have to deal with this.