Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Dec. 02


Dec. 02
Originally uploaded by Cancer Boy
Uh... Let's pretend I uploaded this yesterday.

Gallium scan was boring, but unobtrusive.

Intro to chemo seminar taught me some horrifying things. For example, given my lack of white blood cells, should I get an infection, I won't actually have any physiological symptoms. No swelling, no nothing. I will have to monitor my temperature like a hawk... A hawk that is very, very concerned with his temperature. Apparently, if I don't, the next step is generally death.

I'm starting to see why the death rate is so high for a cancer that is supposedly rather treatable.

I can also look forward to various gastrointestinal issues, I'm told, and my hair will fall out around day 15 of my cycle. That puts me around christmas time, so maybe Santa can get rid of Rudolph, and have me light his way, with my shiny scalp.

Tomorrow I have yet another seminar at the hospital. Then I have to meet with my supportive care nurse, and try to get some different pain meds. The current ones make my stomach feel like it's full flaming cotton candy and fists. I don't like either, for the record.

Energy's up a bit, but so's the night sweats and the fucking incessant itching. I'm about to bore straight through my right ankle, and a couple of places on my head. Nothing seems to make it go away... However, all symptoms, save for fatigue, are supposed to go away within days of starting chemotherapy. Sweet mercy fuck, I hope so.

4 comments:

Deltcho said...

There's something very cool about your picture here. The lighting + focus kind of makes look like Harrison Ford in Blade Runner...

Armand said...

He was a good looking man, in his youth, so I'll take it as a compliment.

Deltcho said...

I was just going come out and say it, but I refrained for some reason. So here goes: You're a handsome man and the pic is awesome *nods*.

Armand said...

You know, it'll take more than a kind word to get into my pants...

It takes at least two or three...