Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Mar. 17


Mar. 17
Originally uploaded by Cancer Boy
Eight down, four to go.

Worst round of chemo, so far. Sort of kept it together until they flushed my port at the end, and that set me off so as to fill three of those kidney-shaped buckets with nothin' but vomit.

And that's all I can say about that, without getting nauseous again.

Melissa came with me again, and stayed with me afterwards (even after the explosive vomiting. I'm pretty sure this qualifies her for sainthood or something, right about now). We watched some more Planet Earth, and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. It would have been a perfect evening, if it wasn't for the whole "me being sick and miserable". Oh well. Less than two weeks until the move!

I should add that I've been receiving so much support from so many kind and generous people. I can't thank you enough.

Along those lines... I'm often stuck in a weird position. I want to thank and acknowledge people's compassion and kindness, but I also don't want to violate their privacy by going into detail here. For what it's worth, your deeds do not go overlooked. I thank you dearly.

Point form:
- Blood counts were back up in the normal range! First time in six weeks!
- I picked up a Men's Health "Eat Right Guide" the other night. I said it before, and I'll say it again: after this cancer crap is over, I will be Batman!
- Stemetil is my friend

7 comments:

deborah d. lattimore said...

i can't wait to see your batman cape!!!!! xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Yikes! But at least your count is normal. Plant Earth, or pretty much any series by David Attenborough is my favourite. I think this qualifies me as an unapologetic nerd, but I'm okay with that LOL.

Rob said...

"*I'M* the goddamn Batman!!"

Armand said...

Deborah: Only a matter of time before I run into a crowded space wearing the batman cape... and only the batman cape.. I'll blame it on the chemo brain.

Corrine: Nerds of the world unite! And plus, Planet Earth is just so pretty... And David Attenborough could soothe a stampeding rhino, just with his calm, scholarly voice.

Rob: Pfft... Zebra Batman, more like!

Anonymous said...

But as we both know...my abs trump yours and alllllllways will ;P

Armand said...

Anonymous: Yeah, sure, pick on the cancer kid.

Elyse said...

Yay for Melissa!

I hope you're feeling better soon, friend.